UNSW recognises the problem of gendered violence in universities and is committed to playing a part in changing this and making UNSW a safer place for all. Through this Strategy UNSW seeks to prevent sexual misconduct and offer respectful strategies to assist students and staff members when an incident does occur.
STOP gendered violence on our campuses and ensure consistent implementation of prevention activities.
EMPOWER all university students and staff to take action to prevent and respond to gendered violence by:
- committing to a safe and respectful UNSW
- being aware of gendered violence
- reporting incidents of gendered violence to the UNSW Reporting Portal
- raising any matters with relevant faculties, schools or business units to increasing confidence to access supports available both within and external to UNSW
- taking action as a bystander where it is appropriate and safe to do so.
SUPPORT staff and students who are affected by gendered violence in a trauma informed way by providing appropriate support and referral options, tailored training and other communication resources.