Work that matters
Access, Equity & Inclusion leads the Gateway Admission Pathway and Program which is founded on the belief that all students should have the opportunity to access and succeed at university. We work with over 380 high schools across NSW to deliver programs that enhance students’ educational capacity. A key component of our work is collaborating with UNSW students to ensure our programs are relevant and delivered with impact.
What ambassadors do
- Act as a powerful role model, share your insights and personal narrative around your experiences of education and university
- Lead engaging learning experiences specifically designed for high school students to build their confidence in their own academic abilities online, in-school and on-campus
- Participate in workshops with high school students, and answer questions about university, including detailed information on the Gateway Admission Pathway and Program
- Support administrative delivery of program activities including; the design and development of learning experiences, data and survey collection, input and analysis, event logistics, phone, email and online learning forum enquiries.
- Access training, support and leadership development aligned to UNSW Graduate Attributes
Why become an ambassador
- Share your story. Share your experience with other young people who may not have access to key information about university and the student experience
- Be a role model and leader. Connect with students to inspire and motivate them to achieve their post-school learning goals
- Access training. Access specialised training to effectively engage young people from diverse communities, put teaching and learning strategies into practice through facilitating innovative workshops, gain first-hand experience working in high schools and with young people, learn about student equity practice in education
- New perspectives. Meet new people and make friends from faculties across UNSW.
- Get paid. UAs are paid positions. The casual pay rate is currently Level 1, point 1: $35.59 per hour.
Applications to become an Ambassador in 2023 have now closed.
All UNSW students can apply to become a university ambassador. If you attended one of our Gateway Schools or are the first in your family to attend university we particularly encourage you to apply.
If your application is successful, you will attend core training at the end of November 2022, and at O-Week before the start of Term 1 in 2023. After this, we ask you to commit at least 1 day a week of your University timetable to work on our programs. Our program is based off the NSW school term timetable.
Will I be paid?
Yes. The casual pay rate is currently Level 1, point 1: $35.59 per hour.