At UNSW we believe education can shape attitudes and behaviours and make our community a better place. We offer free inclusiveness training for staff and students.
NOTE: TO ACCOMMODATE CURRENT REMOTE WORKING AND STUDYING CIRCUMSTANCES, TRAINING WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY BY ZOOM FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2020. ADVICE FOR 2021 SESSIONS WILL BE POSTED NEARER THE TIME.
This 2.5-hour session provides an in-depth discussion of diverse gender, sex and sexuality. It will build upon the knowledge gained from prior training or your own lived experience, exploring the issues facing the LGBTIQ+ community.
The focus is on community building through open group discussions, case studies and problem solving.
- Understanding issues associated with disclosing sexual orientation or gender identity
- Learning about the impacts of discrimination
- How to become a more effective bystander
- Strategies for being an ally to the LGBTIQ+ community
- Referring staff and students to appropriate local resources, support services and assistance
- Creating a committed network of colleagues across UNSW
Once this training is completed, you will have the option to join the ALLY@UNSW Network. The network provides access to ongoing professional learning, resources and support services available at UNSW; and invitations to participate in events like Mardi Gras, IDAHOBIT and Wear It Purple.