You have control of what action you take (including no action) and you can change your mind. You do not have to decide quickly. It is important you make the decision that is right for you. You might want to speak to someone you trust about what action to take, here are some options you may wish to consider:
- Anonymously make a report through UNSW Sexual Misconduct Portal
- Ask someone to make a report via UNSW Sexual Misconduct Portal on your behalf
- Call UNSW Security on 9385 6666
- Contact UNSW Human Resources or Student Life & Communities
- Report to the Police by calling 000
- Talk to a UNSW First Responder, professional or someone else you trust before deciding what action feels right for you.
- Take no action
Remember, what has happened to you is not your fault. And, it is your choice to decide when or if you will access support; and whether you will make a formal report. UNSW has policies and procedures in place to support you – when you are ready.