We provide preventing sexual assault and sexual harassment awareness training across all UNSW residential colleges. This ensures our student leaders and staff have a strong understanding of:
- What is consent? What does this mean in terms of sexual relationships and when can you give your consent
- How to communicate what you are comfortable and not comfortable with - so you can navigate relationships successfully and understand boundaries
- Recognise unconscious bias and the impacts of language and everyday gendered micro-aggressions to unconsciously promote a culture of disrespect
- To understand the difference between respectful and disrespectful behaviours – and empower bystanders to speak out when they hear or see something
- To understand UNSW staff and student codes of behaviour
This training is administered by UNSW in partnership with the Gendered Violence Research Network.
We developed a gendered violence awareness training program for students and staff specifically tailored to UNSW. This training is delivered in person and via an e-learning package.