We provide preventing sexual assault and sexual harassment awareness training across all UNSW residential colleges. This ensures our student leaders and staff have a strong understanding of:
- Consent - what it means in terms of sexual relationships and when you can give your consent
- How to communicate what you are comfortable and not comfortable with - so you can navigate relationships successfully and understand boundaries
- Recognising unconscious bias and the impacts of language and everyday gendered micro-aggressions in unconsciously promoting a culture of disrespect
- The difference between respectful and disrespectful behaviours, as well as empowering bystanders to speak out when they hear or see something
- UNSW staff and student codes of behaviour.
This training is administered by UNSW in partnership with the Gendered Violence Research Network.
We developed a gendered violence awareness training program for students and staff specifically tailored to UNSW. This training is delivered in person and via an e-learning package.