UNSW is committed to delivering diversity training as a critical tool that supports staff capacity to build and promote a respectful and inclusive culture. Diversity training helps promote awareness of issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion including understanding different cultures, identities, and experiences and how they may impact interactions and relationships in the UNSW community.
Training offered by Diversity and Inclusion develops participants' capacity to adjust behaviours and have critical conversations, taking an intersectional approach to accessibility at UNSW.
The workshop is organised into three sections which are interactive and participatory:
- Understanding disability inclusion
- Understanding disability and lived experience
- Inclusive practices
Learning outcomes include:
- Participants develop confidence to use inclusive language and understand the value of respectful behaviours and attitudes
- Participants are equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to begin to make their work or learning environments more accessible
- Participants understand their own role in building an inclusive culture at UNSW and feel motivated to do so
- Participants feel supported in their efforts to contribute to building an inclusive culture at UNSW