This 2.5-hour session provides an in-depth discussion of diverse gender, sex and sexuality. It will build upon the knowledge gained from prior training or your own lived experience, exploring the issues facing the LGBTIQ+ community.
The focus is on community building through open group discussions, case studies and problem solving.
- Understanding issues associated with disclosing sexual orientation or gender identity
- Learning about the impacts of discrimination
- How to become a more effective bystander
- Strategies for being an ally to the LGBTIQ+ community
- Referring staff and students to appropriate local resources, support services and assistance
- Creating a committed network of colleagues across UNSW
Once this training is completed, you will have the option to join the ALLY@UNSW Network. The network provides access to ongoing professional learning, resources and support services available at UNSW; and invitations to participate in events like Mardi Gras, IDAHOBIT and Wear It Purple.